About DASH PTSA
The DASH PTSA is an extremely active and dedicated organization. We provide financial sponsorship and volunteer staff for nearly all general student activities – we support over 40 activities and events each school year!
Although we encourage you to join the PTSA, it is not necessary to be a member to be a volunteer. There are many volunteer opportunities during both daytime and evening events, so volunteering is easily able to fit into your busy schedule!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
All efforts of the PTSA are done to directly support students – want to be involved as a parent and support your child’s school?
There are many ways to help:
• WATCH FOR EVENTS - Email notifications for volunteer events are sent periodically. Watch for emails through our electronic sign-up service SignUpGenius.com (a secure and spam-free service) and volunteer to help.
•BECOME A PTSA BOARD MEMBER - Become a Board member to help plan, and make decisions about, the actions of the PTSA.
- o Current Available Positions:
• Assistant Merchandise Coordinator – Run the DASH PTSA Store.
• Donut Coordinator: organization the sale of boxes of donuts with the support of students.
• YogArt Coordinator: Oversee and coordinate student volunteers. This events happens 4-5 times throughout the year at the Palm Court in the Design District. Students help setup and breakdown the event.
• Taste of Design- our annual fund raiser taking place in late November. We need people to either run or support a number of committees. Join us on Wed., Aug. 30 at 7:45am in the Teacher’s Lounge to find out more.
• “Shadow” DASH board members – A number of the current PTSA board members are leaving next year. We are looking for people who may be interested in becoming the PTSA president, TOD chairs, or Volunteer VP next year to shadow current board members and “learn the ropes”.
• OFFER RESOURCES - Share services and skills that can be utilized by PTSA.
• DONATE TO PTSA - Can't volunteer your time? Consider making a financial donation to support the cost of PTSA activities. Your financial contribution will be used to sponsor student activities, subsidize necessary resources such as the school website, and offset costs of school upgrade projects and enhancements throughout the year.