|We have received the update that DASH will be open on Monday September 18th, 2017 along with all of Miami-Dade Public Schools as per MDCPS and the office of Superintendent Carvalho.
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
The DASH PTSA is excited to welcome back returning families and welcome new families to DASH. We hope you all had a restful summer enjoying time with family and friends!
We have an active school year ahead of us starting with the planning of our annual fund raiser, Taste of Design. Our first “official” planning meeting is on Wednesday, August 30 at 7:45am in the Teacher’s Lounge.
Taste of Design is our main fund raiser for DASH and takes place in late November. Money raised at this event helps send sophomores and juniors to precollege courses in NYC, purchase items for classrooms, assist needy students and support over 40 activities and events throughout the school year.
We need as many volunteer’s as possible to make this a success, so please join us next week and sign up to help on one or more of these committees
• Silent Auction – collecting, organizing & inputting items
We look forward to seeing old and new faces next week and to a successful DASH school year.
About DASH PTSA
The DASH PTSA is an extremely active and dedicated organization. We provide financial sponsorship and volunteer staff for nearly all general student activities – we support over 40 activities and events each school year!
Although we encourage you to join the PTSA, it is not necessary to be a member to be a volunteer. There are many volunteer opportunities during both daytime and evening events, so volunteering is easily able to fit into your busy schedule!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
There are many ways to help:
• WATCH FOR EVENTS – Email notifications for volunteer events are sent periodically. Watch for emails through our electronic sign-up service SignUpGenius.com (a secure and spam-free service) and volunteer to help.
•BECOME A PTSA BOARD MEMBER – Become a Board member to help plan, and make decisions about, the actions of the PTSA.
• OFFER RESOURCES – Share services and skills that can be utilized by PTSA.
• DONATE TO PTSA – Can’t volunteer your time? Consider making a financial donation to support the cost of PTSA activities. Your financial contribution will be used to sponsor student activities, subsidize necessary resources such as the school website, and offset costs of school upgrade projects and enhancements throughout the year.
Dear Parents, Faculty & Advisory team,
We completed a scan at the start of the school year to gauge where the PTSA may be of most benefit. We are once again asking for each of you to take 10 minutes to complete the survey which is due due 6/15 (see link below) to see where we have improved but mostly to once again evaluate where we are most needed.
I feel it’s important to reflect on what we can do as parents to help build up our faculty and the resources they need to educate, support and help raise successful young men and women. They can’t do it alone and we all have 10 minutes to provide our input.
Your participation is greatly appreciated. Hope to see you next week!
PTSA Meeting and Board Member Elections
Monday, June 5 at 7:30am
Please join us for a PTSA meeting and elections for next school year’s PTSA officers.
- President: Melanie Nieves
- VP Hospitality: Ana Nunes
- VP Membership: Shelly Bennett
- VP Fundraiser: William Sancho
- VP Volunteerism: Soleil Castro
- Treasurer: Diana Futch
- Recording Sec.: Amy Simons
- Communications & Website: Ben Cruiz
- Social Media Coordinator: Mely Vazquez de Ritter
We will also be discussing other positions that we need to fill for 2017-2018.
Hope to see you there!!
DASH PTSA President