Dear Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of the PTSA Board, it is with great excitement and privilege that I welcome you to a new year at DASH. The PTSA’s mission is to have a positive impact on students’ educational and cultural experiences at DASH, and as you will find in the attached, we do this in a variety of ways – most importantly – with your collective support.
High on our priority of deliverables is the sharing of key information with parents to help them and their children navigate the ‘twists and turns’ of high school – particularly a high-performance magnet high school with a national reputation for excellence.
Outside of the unmatched quality of our teachers and administrators (recently earning the distinction of “Principal of the Year”), this is what separates DASH from the rest:
- consistently top-ranked by leading national publications
- exceptional scholarship track record (nearly $20 million annually)
- private portfolio day and onsite visits from dozens of top colleges
- successful advanced placement, dual-enrollment and internship programs
- coveted fashion show and film festival
- one-of-kind summer pre-college program in New York
- architecture/industrial and graphic design competition and scholarship program
- collaboration with major corporations, brands and universities
- recipient of numerous prestigious student awards
- a strong alumni network
This type of success truly “takes a village” and like any accomplished organization, the PTSA is only as strong as its membership – please consider joining us today. We are taking a very innovative and passionate approach to funding and programing this year and I challenge each of you to think about how you can contribute to your school, as you review the attached materials.
Once again, welcome and please do not hesitate to contact our board members or myself for any reason.
Sunil Ishairzay, President, DASH PTSA